Can you take five more minutes to write your own comments to the Ontario Energy Board? Personal letters are highly valued by the OEB and we have a goal of sending 1,500 letters by mid-March.
Make your written submission to the OEB here.
Here are some points you could include in your letter. Energy East would:
- create as much climate pollution as putting seven million new cars on Canada’ s roads.
- have a significant risk of an oil spill, threatening the natural environment, drinking water and the health of hundreds of communities across Ontario
- impact the 21 First Nations communities it runs through in Ontario
- impact natural gas rates for eastern and northern consumers
- be mainly an export pipeline that will not deliver a single drop of oil to Ontario.
Bottom Line: Ontario cannot be a climate leader and still support this all risk, no reward pipeline proposal.
When you've finished, please enter your email below to confirm that your letter has been sent.